There’s never been a better time to be pregnant. With so many popular celebrities showing off their bumps, today’s maternity clothes are funky and fashionable and available.
Shopping for maternity clothes can be just as much fun as shopping for regular clothes. With the huge variety of maternity clothes available, and following our few simple tips, you can be guaranteed to look great in your maternity clothes.
Maternity Clothes – Putting your Wardrobe Together
Just as you create a different wardrobe from season to season when you’re not pregnant, selecting maternity clothes for your season of pregnancy should be no different.
So you might be a bit bigger than normal – no matter.
Don’t fall into the trap of buying a few outfits and then living in them for the next nine months. This will simply make you feel dowdy and unattractive.
When it’s spring you shop for your spring wardrobe, when it’s summer you shop for your summer wardrobe, now you’re pregnant, shop for your maternity wardrobe.
You should buy maternity clothes for all occasions although it is not necessary to buy all of them at the same time. Remember your body will be changing shape and continue to grow over the coming months, so select items with care.
Maternity Clothes – Choosing Outfits that Make you Look Great
Early on in your pregnancy you may be able to get away with wearing your regular clothes but just as you don’t want to wear the same two outfits for the whole nine months, equally you don’t want to be squeezing into clothes that are patently too small.
Follow these simple tips guaranteed to make you look like a hot mama!
• You know you’re getting bigger but this is no excuse to hide under a tent. Maternity clothes are designed with extra room around the bust and belly area so stick to your size! It is not necessary to look for larger sizes as maternity clothes have been created with your bump in mind.
• If you are of childbearing age, the chances are your friends are too. Give them a call and see what little gems they may have stashed away from their own pregnancy days. Don’t take anything you don’t like, there’s no point in letting their unwanted clothing becoming your unwanted clothing.
• Invest in a pair of maternity jeans which will look great for casual wear and can also be dressed up with a pretty shirt and funky jewelry for a less formal social occasion.
• Choose long a-line floaty sweaters and tops that flow down from the neck and over the hips. These look great with evening pants or a long feminine skirt.
• Soft and feminine looks are very fashionable at the moment and with maternity clothes being more versatile than ever, if you shop well some of your investments can be worn post pregnancy.
• If you are someone that has been stick thin all your life, make the most of your womanly curves and choose maternity clothes that draw attention to the parts of your body that you do want to highlight.
For most of us, one side effect of pregnancy is an ample bosom, so if only for nine months, if you’ve got it, flaunt it!
- Maternity Clothes – Wearing them with Confidence
- You’re pregnant and you’re proud so revel in showing off your bump.
- Stick to our tasteful tips and you’ll have no problem stepping out in confidence.
- Remember to choose maternity clothes that enhance all of your body and make you feel good.
- Make no mistake, looking great when you are pregnant is just as important as feeling great.
There’s no excuse why you shouldn’t look and feel great in your maternity clothes while you’re waiting for your baby to arrive and whether it’s formal or casual wear, lingerie or swimwear, your maternity clothes can be sexy and stylish and so can you.